Okay, the well is almost dry. I had to print out the first forty useless facts so I don't repeat myself. But I keep getting requests for more, so I am digging deep and trying. :)
1. I have a thing for shoes these days. Pretty heels, in particular. For about five years I couldn't wear them because of my bum hip. I couldn't even cross my legs. Not just in the girly way, but even in the way that guys do. It was bad. But then God gave me a new bionic hip, and now I can! And I love pretty shoes more than ever because I had to do without for so long.
2. I am a procrastinator and a perfectionist. They go hand in hand, but the second condition is worse than the first. Maybe.
3. I am not much of a chocolate eater. Just a few select things. I love chocolate pie, but just the way I make it. It is a family classic. And maybe once in a while a very moist brownie, right from the oven, with a glass of cold milk. NOT the kind of brownies we call 'cake-like'. Occasionally, a few Hershey kisses or a Baby Ruth bar. And the fudge from a hot fudge sundae. But I'm not much on ice cream, either.
4. I nullify any advantage that I might have from not being a chocolateholic with my love of cheese. Most any kind. Well, I don't know about those stinky ones. I can't get them past my nose. But most cheese. If I'm not eating slices or adding it to my cooking, I'm dipping almost anything into a cheese sauce. :)
5. My grandmother was buried on my birthday. For five or six years after that I wouldn't allow much birthday celebration. But then my kids got older and their disappointment with not being able to make a big deal of my birthday outweighed my preference to not celebrate.
6. I have been on television. I was interviewed on the Baltimore evening news, in studio. The kids were there, too. I'd have to go back and watch, but I think Jimmy was a baby in my arms. Or maybe that was Pam.
7. I was a Girl Scout. I know how to make a situpon and how to use an aluminum mess kit. I have my sash with all of my badges somewhere.
8. I was hit by a car when I was in the sixth grade. I had been walking home from a Girl Scout meeting. I was hit full body on my side and went flying through the air. I got up and refused treatment, even though I was really banged up. I was afraid I'd get into trouble. I managed to keep my injuries hidden throughout the coming weeks, and no one was the wiser.
9. My favorite Disney characters are Dumbo and Jiminy Cricket. I wonder if anyone can figure out why?
10. I have freckles. Tons of them. They are all over my arms and on my legs from my knees to my feet. Lol, that made me laugh. Everywhere the sun shines. I have two red-headed sisters. They have very few freckles. Somehow I got them instead. I must have red-headed skin. :)
Well, I have three left over this time, and had two left over from the last useless post, but I couldn't remember or locate them when I wrote these. I know I wrote them down. So, when I find them and if they are not duplicates I might have the makings of another round of this some day. If you missed any of this previous foolishness, you can catch up here: one, two, three, and four. :)
A Fist Full of Daffodils
March 22, 2016
Once upon a time, long, long ago, there lived the sweetest grandma that ever walked upon the earth. She was tall with long, slender arms and legs, an...
First Things First
January 22, 2016
We have no foundation on which to build unless we see a few of God's truths clearly. Nothing in life makes sense. Nothing else works. Just God's wa...
One Hundred Posts!
July 25, 2016
Today is a big milestone for me. I am writing my one hundredth blog post. The very thought takes my breath away. I am humbled and amazed. ...